By A. Sánchez-Cacicedo
Read Online or Download Building States, Building Peace: Global and Regional Involvement in Sri Lanka and Myanmar (Rethinking Peace and Conflict Studies) PDF
Best war & peace books
Whereas the Islamic Republic has hired a variety of thoughts to mitigate the worst excesses of inter-ethnic rigidity whereas nonetheless securing a Shi'a ruled "Persian hegemony," the systematic forget of ethnic teams by way of either the Islamic Republic and its predecessor regime has led to the politicization of ethnic id in Iran.
For a very long time Russia’s place as a key worldwide power participant has better Moscow’s overseas fiscal and political impression when inflicting trouble among different states terrified of changing into too depending on Russia as an power provider. the worldwide monetary obstacle shook this demonstrated photograph of Russia as an necessary power superpower, resistant to damaging exterior impacts and printed the entire quantity of Russia’s dependence on oil and fuel for monetary and political effect.
More and more humanitarian NGOs function within the context of armed conflicts the place the protection dangers are greater than in contexts of average catastrophe. operating in Afghanistan, Somalia, Sudan, South Sudan, Pakistan and Sri Lanka is very harmful for humanitarians. This existential risk impacts the actual life of relief employees and the implementation of humanitarian courses, and the center ideals of humanitarians and the underlying ideas of humanitarian motion.
‘Track international relations and Jerusalem’ is the 1st in a chain of 3 books which jointly current the paintings of the Jerusalem outdated urban Initiative, or JOCI, an incredible Canadian-led song diplomatic attempt, undertaken among 2003 and 2014. JOCI’s raison d’être was once to discover sustainable governance ideas for the previous urban of Jerusalem, arguably the main delicate and intractable of the ultimate prestige matters dividing Palestinians and Israelis.
- Arbitration Concerning the South China Sea: Philippines versus China (Contemporary Issues in the South China Sea)
- Rethinking Peacekeeping, Gender Equality and Collective Security (Thinking Gender in Transnational Times)
- Public Policy, Philanthropy and Peacebuilding in Northern Ireland
- Explorations in Reconciliation: New Directions in Theology
- Addressing Global Environmental Challenges from a Peace Ecology Perspective (The Anthropocene: Politik—Economics—Society—Science)
- Explaining Collective Violence in Contemporary Indonesia: From Conflict to Cooperation (Critical Studies of the Asia-Pacific)
Additional info for Building States, Building Peace: Global and Regional Involvement in Sri Lanka and Myanmar (Rethinking Peace and Conflict Studies)