By Eddie Y K Ng,Yuehao Luo,LUO YUEHAO ET AL
Through hundreds of thousands of years' typical choice, sharkskin has constructed right into a form of drag-reducing floor. This e-book indicates the way to examine, version, fabricate and follow sharkskin's distinctive floor homes, making a versatile platform for floor and fabrics engineers and scientists to conveniently undertake or adapt for his or her personal bio-inspired materials.
Rather than inundate the reader with too many examples of fabrics encouraged via nature, sharkskin has been selected because the center-piece to demonstrate actual 3D electronic modeling of surfaces, whole numerical simulation of micro stream box, diverse fabrication equipment, and alertness to common fuel pipelining. this can be a must-read for any researcher or engineer excited by bio-inspired surfaces and fabrics studies.
- Self-Cleaning and Superhydrophobic Surfaces (G G Li, Y T Zhao, L Zhang, B D Liu, Y Luo, B Y Li, E Y ok Ng)
- Treatments and developing electronic version of organic Shark Skin/Shark (G G Li, Y T Zhao, L Zhang, Y Luo, E Y ok Ng)
- Different methods to fabricate Low Viscous Resistance Drag with Biomimetic Textures (J Wang, Y T Zhao, L Zhang, Y Luo, E Y okay Ng)
- Different attribute research of Drag-Reducing floor with organic Morphology (J Wang, Y T Zhao, L Zhang, Y Luo, E Y ok Ng)
- Application of Biomimetic Shark epidermis floor in typical gasoline Pipelining (J Wang, Y T Zhao, L Zhang, Y Luo, E Y ok Ng)
- Biomimetic Surfaces for superior Dropwise Condensation warmth move: Mimic Nature and go beyond Nature (Youmin Hou, Zuankai Wang, Shuhuai Yao)
- Large-Scale Fabrication of Biomimetic Drag-Reduction floor through Bio-Replication of Shark pores and skin (Huawei Chen, Deyuan Zhang, Xin Zhang, Da Che)
- Study of movement over Dimpled Cylinder for Drag aid (Tan S P, Koh J H and Ng Y ok Eddie)
- Fluid movement in Biomimetics Simulated Vessel Having a Grooved floor: An research of the impression of Riblets in Drag aid (Guangming Hu)
- 3-D Modelling of organic platforms for Biomimetics (Shujun Zhang, Donghui Chen, Kevin Hapeshi and Xu Zhang)
- Superhydrophobic Surfaces with Hierarchical buildings encouraged by way of Nature Leaves (Yuying Yan and Nan Gao)
- Bio-Inspired Macro-Morphologic floor differences to minimize Soil–Tool Adhesion (Peeyush Soni and Vilas M Salokhe)
- Application of Bio-Inspired Surfaces in lowering Adhesion to the Surfaces of Soil-Engaging elements of Agricultural and Earth-Moving equipment (Rashid Qaisrani and Li Jianqiao)
- Application of Bionic applied sciences for Soil-Engaging Tillage elements in Northeast China (Ji-yu solar, Zhi-jun Zhang, Jin Tong, and Hong-lei Jia)
Readership: fabrics and floor Engineers, bioengineers specialising in surfaces and fabrics, Oil and fuel pipeline engineers.
Read Online or Download BIO-INSPIRED SURFACES AND APPLICATIONS PDF
Similar biotechnology books
Knowing how angiogenesis "works" and the way to manage it is going to have sizeable implications at the administration, remedies, and finally the prevention of many universal (and now not so universal) ailments. Angiogenesis is the expansion of latest blood vessels and is a vital normal technique within the physique. A fit physique keeps an ideal stability of angiogenesis modulators.
This e-book addresses the necessity for a complete ebook at the layout, synthesis, and characterization of artificial carbohydrate-based polymeric fabrics besides their organic purposes. the 1st chapters conceal the synthesis and self-assembly of glycopolymers and diverse recommendations for growing those artificial polymers.
This booklet offers for the 1st time, the scattered novel effects which were completed in very contemporary years in examine on a variety of skinny calcium phosphate coatings produced by way of very different strategies. The comparability of skinny calcium phosphate coatings with the thick plasma-sprayed ones is usually integrated within the publication.
A complete and mechanistic viewpoint on fruit ripening, emphasizing commonalities and modifications among fruit teams and ripening strategies. end result are a vital a part of the human nutrition and comprise vital phytochemicals that supply safety opposed to middle illness and cancers. Fruit ripening is of importance for human wellbeing and fitness and for industry-based thoughts to harness normal version, or genetic amendment, for crop development.
- Green Systems Biology: From Genomes to Ecosystems
- Chemicals from Microalgae
- ß-barrel Channel Proteins as Tools in Nanotechnology: Biology, Basic Science and Advanced Applications: 794 (Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology)
- Marine Polysaccharides: Food Applications
- Protein Engineering Techniques: Gateways to Synthetic Protein Universe (SpringerBriefs in Applied Sciences and Technology)
- Biopolymers for Medical Applications
Additional info for BIO-INSPIRED SURFACES AND APPLICATIONS