By Doaa Abdel-Motaal
The thawing Antarctic continent deals dwelling house and marine and mineral assets that have been formerly inaccessible. This ebook discusses how revisiting the Antarctic Treaty approach and dividing up the continent preemptively might spare the area critical conflict.
• Argues that the Antarctic Treaty, which was once opened for signature in 1959, should be reconsidered considering strain maintains to construct for the career of the continent and the exploitation of its residing and non-living assets
• means that foreign clash over Antarctica is probably going within the coming many years, fairly as the ban on mineral assets is up for revision in 2048
• Argues that policymakers have to draw classes from the commercial festival the realm is now witnessing within the thawing Arctic Ocean
Read or Download Antarctica: The Battle for the Seventh Continent PDF
Best freedom & security books
First and foremost of the twenty-first century, hundreds of thousands of grownup Europeans usually gown up as Scots. They march in kilted pipe and drum bands, toss tree trunks at Highland video games power competitions, crusade for monuments to commemorate long-gone Scottish squaddies, even bodily re-enact the Scottish previous, in armour and belted plaid.
The thawing Antarctic continent bargains dwelling house and marine and mineral assets that have been formerly inaccessible. This e-book discusses how revisiting the Antarctic Treaty process and dividing up the continent preemptively may spare the area severe clash. • Argues that the Antarctic Treaty, which was once opened for signature in 1959, should be reconsidered due to the fact that strain keeps to construct for the profession of the continent and the exploitation of its dwelling and non-living assets • means that overseas clash over Antarctica is probably going within the coming a long time, quite as the ban on mineral assets is up for revision in 2048• Argues that policymakers have to draw classes from the industrial pageant the realm is now witnessing within the thawing Arctic Ocean
Defense in Africa: A serious method of Western symptoms of risk questions the dominant Western narrative of protection threats in Africa. in accordance with an research conventional safety experiences and Western protection coverage, it argues that favourite symptoms are in accordance with mainstream safety experiences and supply basically circumscribed analyses of threats to overseas protection.
From early modernity to this day, society has encountered quite a few different types of interpersonal violence. via exploration of specific components inside of Europe and Russia to Africa, the USA and Asia, this assortment offers either changes and connections between quite a few types of interpersonal violence in several occasions, areas, institutional orders and relationships.
- Britain and the War on Terror: Policy, Strategy and Operations (Military Strategy and Operational Art)
- Intelligence: From Secrets to Policy
- Intelligence and Security Oversight: An Annotated Bibliography and Comparative Analysis
- Regional Co-operation and Its Enemies in Northeast Asia: The Impact of Domestic Forces (Routledge Security in Asia Pacific Series)
- Critical Infrastructure System Security and Resiliency
- The Politics of Protection: Sites of Insecurity and Political Agency (Routledge Advances in International Relations and Global Politics)
Extra info for Antarctica: The Battle for the Seventh Continent