By S. Hobson
Read or Download Angels of Modernism: Religion, Culture, Aesthetics 1910-1960 PDF
Similar aesthetics books
What's fact? This interesting spectrum of reports into a few of the rationalities of our human dealings with existence - mental, aesthetic, fiscal, non secular - unearths their joints and demands a brand new method of fact. placing either classical and modern conceptions apart, we discover the primogenital floor of fact within the networks of correspondences, adequations, relevancies, and rationales at paintings in life's changing into.
Why does anything please us? Is there correct and flawed in aesthetics? what's the price of paintings? What do philosophical and aesthetic difficulties have in universal? Wittgenstein labored intensively on those and different questions and wrote of the “strange resemblance” among aesthetics and philosophy. This research exhibits how Wittgenstein’s arguments have considerably contributed to explaining systematic questions in aesthetics.
Curiosity in sensory atmospheres and architectural and concrete ambiances has been starting to be for over 30 years. A key determine during this box is acclaimed German thinker Gernot Böhme whose influential notion of what atmospheres are and the way they functionality has been in simple terms partly on hand to the English-speaking public.
In his provocative and well timed research of posthumanism, Dongshin Yi adopts an imaginary/imaginative method of exploring the transformative strength of the cyborg, a technique that introduces stability to the present discourses ruled by means of the practicalities of technoscience and the dictates of anthropocentrism.
- From Ecclesiastes to Simone Weil: Varieties of Philosophical Spirituality
- A Violent Embrace: Art and Aesthetics after Representation (Interfaces: Studies in Visual Culture)
- The Silver Drawing Test and Draw a Story: Assessing Depression, Aggression, and Cognitive Skills
- Phenomenologies of Art and Vision: A Post-Analytic Turn (Bloomsbury Studies in Philosophy)
- Crescent Moon over the Rational: Philosophical Interpretations of Paul Klee
- Appreciating the Art of Television: A Philosophical Perspective (Routledge Advances in Television Studies)
Additional info for Angels of Modernism: Religion, Culture, Aesthetics 1910-1960