By Lamont Lindstrom
Read Online or Download Across the World with the Johnsons: Visual Culture and American Empire in the Twentieth Century (Empires and the Making of the Modern World, 1650-2000) PDF
Best world history books
Assembling an entire and finished choice of fabric which illustrates all points of the emergent women’s move in the course of the years 1850-1900, this interesting booklet will turn out helpful to scholars of 19th century social heritage and women's experiences, to these learning the Victorian novel and to sociologists.
Fondata nel 1895 da alcuni medici afro-americani esclusi dall’American scientific organization, l. a. nationwide scientific organization rivendicò, nel secondo dopoguerra, l’integrazione delle facoltà di medicina, delle organizzazioni professionali e delle strutture di cura. Il quantity fa luce sulla rilevanza della mobilitazione in campo sanitario e sul legame tra diritti civili e diritto alla salute nella storia delle organizzazioni afro-americane, contribuendo a ricostruire l’apporto della borghesia nera alla lotta according to los angeles libertà afro-americana.
In 1946, at a time while different French colonies have been simply starting to cut loose of French imperial keep an eye on, the folk of the French Antilles-the Caribbean islands of Martinique and Guadeloupe-voted to hitch the French state as departments (Départments d'outre mer, or DOMs). Eschewing independence in desire of entire integration with the metropole, the folks of the French Antilles affirmed their Frenchness in an incredible choice that might outline their citizenship and form their politics for many years to return.
The political economist Thomas Robert Malthus (1766-1834) has won expanding and deserved scholarly recognition lately. in addition to the republication of his works and letters, a wealthy physique of scholarship has been produced that enlightens our knowing of his ideas and arguments. but little has been written at the ways that his message was once translated to, and interpreted via, a well-liked viewers.
- Calamities and the Economy in Renaissance Italy: The Grand Tour of the Horsemen of the Apocalypse (Early Modern History: Society and Culture)
- The Fall: "A Comparative Study of the End of Communism in Czechoslovakia, East Germany, Hungary and Poland ... "
- The Voyages of Sir James Lancaster, Kt., to the East Indies: With Abstracts of Journals of Voyages to the East Indies, during the Seventeenth Century, ... Passage (Hakluyt Society, First Series)
- Towards a Comparative History of Coalfield Societies (Studies in Labour History)
- The Pacific in the Age of Early Industrialization (The Pacific World: Lands, Peoples and History of the Pacific, 1500-1900)
- Life on the Tyne: Water Trades on the Lower River Tyne in the Seventeenth and Eighteenth Centuries, a Reappraisal
Additional resources for Across the World with the Johnsons: Visual Culture and American Empire in the Twentieth Century (Empires and the Making of the Modern World, 1650-2000)