By John Vattanky
Read or Download A System of Indian Logic: The Nyana Theory of Inference PDF
Similar philosophical logic & language books
It sort of feels moderate to think that there may have existed issues except those who in reality exist, or have existed. yet how should still we comprehend such claims? typical semantic theories take advantage of the Leibnizian metaphor of a suite of all attainable worlds: a proposition may or needs to be actual whether it is actual in a few or all attainable worlds.
The articles during this quantity are all landmarks within the evolution of recent reports in Indian common sense. The e-book strains the improvement of contemporary reviews in Indian common sense from their beginnings correct as much as the newest work.
This quantity includes 12 papers addressed to researchers and complex scholars in casual common sense and similar fields, equivalent to argumentation, formal common sense, and communications. one of the concerns mentioned are makes an attempt to reconsider the character of argument and of inference, the function of dialectical context, and the criteria for comparing inferences, and to make clear the interfaces among casual good judgment and argumentation thought, rhetoric, formal good judgment and cognitive psychology.
This e-book brings jointly in a single position David Hitchcock’s most important released articles on reasoning and argument. In seven new chapters he updates his pondering within the mild of next scholarship. jointly, the papers articulate a particular place within the philosophy of argumentation.
- Special Sciences and the Unity of Science: 24 (Logic, Epistemology, and the Unity of Science)
- Topical Themes in Argumentation Theory: Twenty Exploratory Studies: 22 (Argumentation Library)
- Moore's Paradox: New Essays on Belief, Rationality, and the First Person
- Agenda Relevance: A Study in Formal Pragmatics: Agenda Relevance: a Study in Formal Pragmatics Vol (A Practical Logic of Cognitive Systems)
- Logic Without Borders: Essays on Set Theory, Model Theory, Philosophical Logic and Philosophy of Mathematics (Ontos Mathematical Logic)
Extra resources for A System of Indian Logic: The Nyana Theory of Inference