By E.G.R. Taylor
Read or Download A Regiment for the Sea, and other Writings on Navigation, by William Bourne of Gravesend, a Gunner, c.1535-1582 (Hakluyt Society, Second Series) PDF
Similar world history books
Assembling a whole and finished selection of fabric which illustrates all points of the emergent women’s circulate through the years 1850-1900, this interesting publication will end up helpful to scholars of 19th century social historical past and women's reports, to these learning the Victorian novel and to sociologists.
Fondata nel 1895 da alcuni medici afro-americani esclusi dall’American scientific organization, los angeles nationwide clinical organization rivendicò, nel secondo dopoguerra, l’integrazione delle facoltà di medicina, delle organizzazioni professionali e delle strutture di cura. Il quantity fa luce sulla rilevanza della mobilitazione in campo sanitario e sul legame tra diritti civili e diritto alla salute nella storia delle organizzazioni afro-americane, contribuendo a ricostruire l’apporto della borghesia nera alla lotta in line with l. a. libertà afro-americana.
In 1946, at a time while different French colonies have been simply commencing to break away of French imperial regulate, the folks of the French Antilles-the Caribbean islands of Martinique and Guadeloupe-voted to hitch the French kingdom as departments (Départments d'outre mer, or DOMs). Eschewing independence in desire of whole integration with the metropole, the folks of the French Antilles affirmed their Frenchness in a big choice that will outline their citizenship and form their politics for many years to come back.
The political economist Thomas Robert Malthus (1766-1834) has won expanding and deserved scholarly recognition in recent times. in addition to the republication of his works and letters, a wealthy physique of scholarship has been produced that enlightens our figuring out of his innovations and arguments. but little has been written at the ways that his message used to be translated to, and interpreted by way of, a favored viewers.
- Encounters Old and New in World History: Essays Inspired by Jerry H. Bentley (Perspectives on the Global Past)
- The Fiscal-Military State in Eighteenth-Century Europe: Essays in honour of P.G.M. Dickson
- Unarchived Histories: The "mad" and the "trifling" in the colonial and postcolonial world (Intersections: Colonial and Postcolonial Histories)
- Britain, the Empire, and the World at the Great Exhibition of 1851
- Brotherly Love: Freemasonry and Male Friendship in Enlightenment France
- The Travels of Pedro Teixeira; with his 'Kings of Harmuz', and Extracts from his 'Kings of Persia' (Hakluyt Society, Second Series)
Extra resources for A Regiment for the Sea, and other Writings on Navigation, by William Bourne of Gravesend, a Gunner, c.1535-1582 (Hakluyt Society, Second Series)